1. It's not about the mic. It's about getting out of your own way and being present.
2. The microphone will only amplify your preparation. Your preparation is the base for your overall confidence.
3. You will always have greater impact on your audience when you use the least amount of words to say the most.
4. Your audience wants you to win. You just need to ultimately deliver on that collective desire.
5. Don't rush. Maintain an even pace and be your authentic self.
6. Maintain eye contact across the room at all times.
7. Inform your planning by knowing firstly what the audience needs and expects from your message.
8. Avoid vocal interference. 'Um's' and 'Ah's' consistently dropping in through your message will eventually put distance between you and your audience.